We are delighted to offer a number of tour options. Please read below to find out more.
SKYE IN A DAY TOUR
From February to October we offer a leisurely 9 hour group tour, suitable for all ages, departing from The War Memorial, Portree Somerled Square bus station at 9am, returning at around 6pm. Please bring a packed lunch with you onto the tour to eat enroute as there is no lunch stop. Full itinerary is as follows:-
1. The Old Man of Storr (Photostop)
2. Kilt Rock (Photostop)
3. The Quiraing
4. Fairy Glen
5. Dunvegan Castle (Photostop)
6. Neist Point
7. Dun Beag Broch
8. Fairy Pools (*1 hour 15 minute walk from the car park to the pools and back again)
* for those not wishing to or not able to do the Fairy Pools walk then we offer some easily accessible alternative locations.
We reserve the right to change the itinerary depending on the weather on the day - your driver guide will advise of the time you'll have at each location.
SKYE WINTER TOUR
When the nights draw in and the daylight hours get shorter, make the most of your winter visit to Skye on our 6 hour tour. It may be cold, wet and windy so bring warm clothing, waterproofs and shoes with good grips to embrace the elements whatever the weather. Please bring a packed lunch and any provisions you may need for the day with you onto the tour as there is no lunch stop.
We will depart from The War Memorial in Portree Somerled Square at 9am (accommodation pick up may be possible in the Portree area - please check with us), returning back to Portree at 3pm and will use the following itinerary:-
1. Fairy Pools Walk *if there has been a lot of rainfall then it will not be possible to walk to the Fairy Pools so instead we will go out to Neist Point*
2. Old Man of Storr
3. Lealt Falls
4. Kilt Rock
5. The Quiraing
6. The Fairy Glen
* We reserve the right to tweak the itinerary to suit the weather but if road conditions are icy then the tour may be cancelled.
The tour will operate with a minimum of 2 passengers but we regret that online booking and card payments are not available for this tour. Please contact us directly via e-mail for tour availability. Bookings will be made and confirmed by e-mail with cash payment on the day to your driver guide.
THE GRAND TOUR OF SKYE
This 9 hour group tour operates from April until the end of September and is designed for those relatively experienced at hiking (so hiking boots/shoes or sneakers and waterproofs are essential). We visit less locations than on the Skye In A Day tour but spend more time allowing you to leisurely explore each place without rushing and include a 2 hour hike in The Quiraing. This is a genuinely small group tour for a maximum of 8 passengers. We pick up from and drop off at your accommodation in the Portree area (starting at around 9am and returning back for around 6pm - individual pick up time will be given via e-mail once booking has been received) and, as there is no lunch stop on this tour, we ask that passengers bring a packed lunch to eat enroute. There will be coffee and bathroom stops during the tour visiting the following locations:-
1. Walk to the famous Fairy Pools - an easy 1 hour 15 minutes
2. Visit Neist Point (the most westerly point on Skye) for a walk to capture the iconic photograph of the scenery and lighthouse - an easy 45 minutes
3. Walk up to Castle Ewen, the Fairy Fort, and admire the mysterious landscape of the Fairy Glen - an easy 30 minute stop
4. Explore the magnificent Quiraing with its unique rock pinnacles and amazing views over the sea to mainland Scotland - a 2 hour hike in the Quiraing.
Timings given for stops are approximate and will depend on the weather on the day - your driver guide will advise of the time you'll have at each location. This tour is suitable only for those fit and able to complete a 2 hour hike of the Quiraing.
Skye Scenic Tours are delighted to offer private tour options for up to 8 passengers, for up to 9 hours. We work with you to tailor a bespoke itinerary suited to your interests, possible in the time we have with you. Our Private Tours are available from the north of Skye only.