We are delighted to offer a number of tour options. Please read below to find out more.
THE GRAND TOUR OF SKYE
This 9 hour group tour operates from April until the end of September and is designed for those relatively experienced at hiking (so hiking boots/shoes or sneakers and waterproofs are essential). We visit less locations than on the Trotternish & Fairy Pools tour but spend more time allowing you to leisurely explore each place without rushing and include a 2 hour hike in The Quiraing. This is a genuinely small group tour for a maximum of 8 passengers. We pick up from and drop off at your accommodation in the Portree area (starting at around 9am and returning back for around 6pm - individual pick up time will be given via e-mail once booking has been received) and, as there is no lunch stop on this tour, we ask that passengers bring a picnic packed lunch. There will be coffee and bathroom stops during the tour visiting the following locations:-
1. Walk to the famous Fairy Pools - an easy 1 hour 15 minutes
2. Visit Neist Point (the most westerly point on Skye) and walk to the Lighthouse - an easy 45 minutes
3. Walk up to Castle Ewen, the Fairy Fort, and admire the mysterious landscape of the Fairy Glen - an easy 30 minute stop
4. Explore the magnificent Quiraing with its unique rock pinnacles and amazing views over the sea to mainland Scotland - a 2 hour moderate hike
5. Photostop at Kilt Rock and The Old Man of Storr
Timings given for stops are approximate and will depend on the weather on the day - your driver guide will advise of the time you'll have at each location. This tour is suitable only for those fit and able to complete a 2 hour downhill hike of the Quiraing.
TROTTERNISH & FAIRY POOLS TOUR
From mid February to mid October we offer a leisurely 8 hour group tour, suitable for all ages, departing from Portree Somerled Square bus station at 9.30am at the cost of £40 per person (your pick up time and location will be confirmed via e-mail on receipt of your booking). We stop for lunch where there is a cafe but if you would prefer, please feel free to bring a picnic packed lunch. Full itinerary, giving approximate time spent at each location, is as follows:-
1. The Old Man of Storr (Photostop)
2. Lealt Falls - 20 minutes
3. Kilt Rock (Photostop)
4. The Quiraing - 25 minutes
5. Fairy Glens - 30 minutes
6. Lunch stop where there is a cafe
7. Sligachan - 10 minutes
8. Fairy Pools (*1 hour 15 minute walk from the car park to the pools and back again)
9. Dun beag Broch - 25 minutes
* for those not wishing to or not able to do the Fairy Pools walk then we offer some easily accessible alternative locations
Timings given for stops are approximate and will depend on the weather on the day - your driver guide will advise of the time you'll have at each location.
Skye Scenic Tours are delighted to offer private tour options for up to 4 passengers, for up to 8 hours. We work with you to tailor a bespoke itinerary suited to your interests, possible in the time we have with you.
Stunning tours of the Isle of Skye